CommunityReviews.org is owned and operated in the United States of America. Depending on what you do when you visit any Web site, you are providing information about your visit to the site's owners. This includes CommunityReviews.org's eCommerce pages. We value privacy and think you do too, so we want you to have the information you need to make your own decisions about your personal privacy. When you visit or supply information to any Web site, we think it's a good idea for you to first understand what that site's privacy policies are. If the site doesn't tell you, don't hesitate to ask.
The bottom line at CommunityReviews.org is that we use the information that we get from your visit for internal tracking purposes, for eCommerce transaction purposes, and to respond to your requests for information or other services. Except as specifically noted below, we do not use your personal information for any other purpose, we never sell it to any other party.Here is more detail on how we handle information we learn from you when you make a purchase using CommunityReviews.org's eCommerce services.
1. Method of Transaction Security:
When you make a purchase using CommunityReviews.org's eCommerce pages, you are transferred from an unsecured web server to a secured web server which utilizes SSL (Secure Socket Layer). Electronic purchases should ONLY be made on servers that utilize SSL. The SSL is located on a web site server that is separate from ALL CommunityReviews.org services and business locations. This secure site is where the actual transaction takes place and where all secure personal information such as credit card numbers, expiration dates, checking account numbers, routing numbers, or mailing address's are stored. This secure site is located at a U.S. bank in the United States of America. NOT at CommunityReviews.org or any other companies owned or affiliated with CommunityReviews.org.CommunityReviews.org does not store in any way, shape, or form, secure information such as credit card numbers, expiration dates, checking account numbers, routing numbers, or mailing address's anywhere on or in it's business entirety.To assist in the protection against fraud, we implement an extensive variety of protection. IP Addresses are recorded from each eCommerce transaction and are used for fraud investigations. In addition, we implement
Fraud and Risk Management (FRISK™). Fraud and Risk Management (FRISK™)
The proprietary FRISK™ risk management system enabled when utilizing our processing company provides a sophisticated suite of fraud detection and prevention. Each transaction submitted is filtered through a comprehensive series of fraud detection rules to determine potential risk.
We ALWAYS implement the following FRISK™ features during a transaction:
· Address Verification (AVS) - AVS matches the known address information associated with the given credit card number against the billing address information provided by the user. Conditions for a match are numerous and confidential.
· CVV2 - CVV2, or Card Verification Value 2, is a number that is printed, not imprinted, on Visa, Mastercard or American Express. This number is never transferred during card swipes and should only be known by the cardholder, the person holding the card in their hand.
· Negative Account Blocking - reject transactions from known fraudulent account numbers.
· Cramming Protection - Prevent the use of credit card or ACH number generating schemes by limiting the number of transactions allowed from a given IP address.
· Prevent Duplicate Transactions - Track recent transactions to ensure the same transaction is not authorized more than once. This eliminates problems due to "double clicking" the transaction submit button as well as duplicate submittal of batch transactions. In our discretion depending on circumstantial information, we may implement the following FRISK™ features during transactions: · Domain Blocking - Filter transactions by the Internet domain associated with the customer's email. address.
· IP Activity Limit - Limit the number of accepted transactions from a given IP address.
· Large Transaction Notification - This feature examines the transaction amount after the transaction has been accepted. When the amount exceeds an amount specified by the merchant an e-mail is sent notifying the merchant that the amount has exceeded the threshold. The merchant can then review the transaction, refuse the sale before any products are shipped, and credit back the consumer at a later time.
· Reject Free Email Address - checks the e-mail address of the consumer against a database of free e-mail providers. Transactions in which the email domain of the consumer is in this database are declined.
· Country Blocking - enables a filter on the consumer's country as obtained by the billing and/or shipping addresses. Transactions with countries matching a country in the Merchant's negative country database are declined.
When you visit CommunityReviews.org and move from page to page, read pages or download content onto your computer, We learn which pages are visited, what is downloaded, the domains our visitors come from (e.g. 'aol.com,' or 'umich.edu') and the addresses of sites visited immediately before coming to CommunityReviews.org. However, none of this is associated with you as an individual. It is measured only in aggregate. CommunityReviews.org uses cookie technology as part of our Web site's statistical reporting. The information in the cookies lets us trace the paths followed by visitors to our site as they move from one page to another. We also use standard Web server log files, to help us count visitors and evaluate our site's technical capacity. Cookies do not capture your individual email address or any private information about you. We use this information to find out how many people visit CommunityReviews.org, help us arrange the pages in the most user-friendly way, keep the site browser-friendly, and to make our pages more useful to our visitors. We record information on site traffic but not information on individual visitors to our site, so no information about you in particular will be kept or used.
When you send us an email to comment on something or ask us a question, We learn your exact email address and the thoughts you share. We use your email address to thank you for your comment and/or reply to your question, and we will store your communication and our reply in case we correspond further. We will never use your email address to send you any unsolicited message or information, nor will we share it with or sell it to anyone else for such use.
4. Mailing Lists, Other Services:
When you give us your email address and/or other information and ask us to use it to provide you with specific communications or other services offered on the CommunityReviews.org site. We learn your exact email address, any other information you provide, and your request. We use your email address and any other information you give us to provide you with the information or other services you requested until you ask us to stop (using the 'unsubscribe' instructions provided with each email and/or on the site where you signed up and/or as we otherwise provide), or until the information or services is no longer available. We will not use your address or other information to provide you with any unsolicited message or information (unless that is part of the service you are requesting), nor will we share it with or sell it to any third party for such use. None of the personally identifiable information or prospect information is maintained in a retrievable form.
5. Linking To Other Sites:
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments about our privacy policies or practices, we would like to know what they are so we can address them.